MX Linux is an free and open source Linux operating system called the midweight and simple desktop OS. It is based on Debian stable branch and is using core antiX components with more software created by the MX community. About MX Linux, The developer team and community goal is to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and a medium-sized footprint.
In terms of features, MX Linux comes with all the basic tools and apps you need in your personal computer such as a web browser, video player, music player, email client, office suite, backup tool, as well as MX tools, a specially designed suite for MX Linux with key functions that saves time and effort.
Features of MX Linux
- Three Desktop options: Xfce, Plasma, Fluxbox
- Advanced version: “Advanced Hardware Support” (ahs) for support of very recent hardware
- Kernels (secured against known vulnerabilities)32bit: latest Debian 5.10 PAE (non-PAE kernel: antiX). Very stable kernel for many machines.
- 64bit: latest Debian 5.10. Recent stable kernel for newer machines.
- ahs: Debian 5.15 (coming soon…)
- Easy kernel upgrade or downgrade with MX Package Installer
- FoundationDebian Stable 11 (Bullseye), augmented by ongoing backports and additions
- Xfce 4.16/KDE 5.20/fluxbox 1.3.7
- antiX live system
- Automatic enabling of most Broadcom drivers
- Increased support for realtek wifi devices
- UEFI installer (64bit & 32bit)
- LUKS encrypted root, home, and swap partition options
Full Software Setup Details
- Software Name : MX Linux.iso
- Setup Size : 2.42 GB
- Setup Type : Offline Installer
- Compatibility : 32Bit and 64 bit (x64)
- Released On : 19,October, 2021
- Developers Official Website : MXLinux
Minimum System Requirements
- 2 GHz processor or higher.
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 25 GB of hard disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or a USB port.
- Internet connectivity (optional).