Kali Linux is a free and open source Linux operating system specially designed for penetration testing (computer system security) using a wide range of available security tools. According to the Kali Linux tools directory, there are hundreds of pre-installed security tools in the operating system that allows attacking any computer system, gathering information, forensics, reverse engineering, crack passwords, snifting and snipfing etc.
As soon as you launch a tool, you do not need you to write a custom program and programming code to attack, you can read the instructions in the terminal window and type the command. Most tools in Kali Linux work through the command line, while some of them also have graphical user interfaces such as Wireshark, Burp suite and Armitage. Also you can try Parrot OS
Features of Kali Linux
- Secured and open-source OS.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Powerful and advanced terminal.
- Test, develop, secure, and more.
- Included with 600 testing programs.
- Simple, classic and straightforward user interface.
- Deploy multiple tools at once for multi-tasking.
- Operate from Hard drive, CD, USB, or Virtual machine.
Full Software Setup Details
- Software Name : Kali Linux 2021.3.iso
- Setup Size : Up to 4GB
- Setup Type : Offline Installer
- Compatibility : 64 bit (x64)
- Released On : 06-Sep-2021
- Developers Official Website : Offensive Security
Minimum System Requirements
- 2 GHz processor or higher.
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 25 GB of hard disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or a USB port.
- Internet connectivity (optional).